Tuesday, March 27, 2007

He Knows Us Best

This week Justin Morton is the writer/speaker for Our Daily Walk.

Audio version at http://tinyurl.com/25583d

Good morning and welcome to our daily walk.

If you could know anything about your future, what would you want to know? Some people may want to know what their children are going to do when they grow up. Others may want to know who their children are going to marry. Still others may chose to know when they are going to die. We all have things about our lives that we wished we knew. Although we cannot know what the future holds there is one who does know, God.

God knows everything there is to know about us even before it happens. David said, “O Lord, you have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether” (Psa. 139:1-4).

God knows all things, the future, our thoughts, and everything about us. There is so much about our lives that we don’t know or understand. Yet, God knows our future. David said, “Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet here was not one of them” (Psa. 139:16). God is able to see and know everything. He knew me before I was born. He knows what is going to become of my life even before it begins. Jeremiah wrote, “For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord” (Jer. 29:11). The plans that Jeremiah is referring to has to do with the captive’s future. God knew what was going to happen in their future. He had plans!

He knows the same about us. Although I might not know nor understand why certain things happen, God knows. Although I might wonder why a certain thing happened to me and not someone else, God knows. The fact that God knows about my future and has plans for me should be comfort enough.

I have heard many people make statements about how glad they were that no one was able to know their thoughts. Not only does God know about our future but God also knows about our thoughts. The psalmists said, “The Lord knows the thoughts of man” (Psa. 94:11). David pointed out that God knew the thoughts of man from afar and was intimately acquainted with all our ways, even before we speak a word, God knows it (Psa. 139:1-4).

Think what it must be like for God to know the thoughts of His people. Those things that we think no one else knows about. How painful it must be for Him to know the secret things of His children. Those things that we think about people other than our spouse, God knows. The things we think about the people who get on our nerves and test our patience, God knows. The secret thoughts we keep locked up in our mind and never let out, God knows. “He is intimately acquainted with all my ways” (Psa. 139:3).

I want everyone to know that God knows you. He knows everything there is to know about you. He knows your thoughts, your future, everything about you. How many people can we say that about? There are very few people who know me really well because I don’t allow most people to know me. I want to keep people at a distance. Yet, no matter how hard I try to keep it from God, I can’t. God knows me inside and out and He knows you as well!

The people who know us the best are usually the people we love the most and have the best relationship with. What about God? I promise you there is no one who knows you better than God. He knows everything there is to know. Why not give in to Him and accept His love and grace. As I said earlier, the people who know us the best are usually the people we have the best relationship with. I ask you, how is your relationship with God? He already knows!

Our thought of the day: “When we can't piece together the puzzle of our own lives, remember the best view of a puzzle is from above. Let Him help put you together” (Amethyst Snow-Rivers).

May God bless you in your daily walk!

© Our Daily Walk, Justin Morton, 2007. Permission is granted to copy these articles provided they are not sold and the author's name and copyright are included.

No comments: